Donnerstag, 25. August 2016

THANK YOU (ENGLISH)

First of all I want to know you that all us us arrived in Germany safely yesterday in the evening. The flights were long, but it was okay since those computers in every seat have good movies to watch. The luggage didn't make any problems, although some had a little but too much weight.
Thanks to the wonderful people who came to the airport with us! ♥ We have been 5 cars all in all and it really meant a lot to us!



Then I'd like to thank everybody who worked with me (and who has been with me in any way). You guys are so amazing persons! TLF is really making a difference in the city and I appreciate that I had the possibility to spend the last year with you.
I experienced culture, a new way of life and, most important, lots of love from everybody who became part of my life.
South Africa will stay in my heart forever thanks to you guys. I don't really know what to say now, I just want everybody to know that you made the last year one of the best years of my life. Of course I went through difficult times but there was always somebody who I could trust and who would help me to get out of that situation.
And nevertheless I got both robbed and drugged, I still love the way most of South Africans treat each other. Within TLF, there is lots of respect for everybody and most of the time, I didn't feel like a volunteer but part of the TLF family. I never had the feeling of being inferior and I want to thank you for that.
I am really jealous for the next volunteers. They don't know about the wonderful environment they will be in soon. They don't know how much they will appreciate every single friend they will find, and they don't know about the beauty of Pretoria you can only find when you don't stay there but live there, with every advantage and disadvantage.



It's really difficult to get used to Germany again. It's cleaner than clean, only Mulungus, and again we have to be exactly on time. And everybody can understand what I am saying! It was really embarassing when my parents and me had the first stop on our way home. I stepped out of the car, saying "Look at my African booty!" without even thinking about the guy who was sitting one meter away.
And my father says I am driving really crazy.

Ngiyakukhumbula!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen